- City Clerk
Functions and Responsibilities
The City Clerk serves as liaison between City Council and its constituents and is custodian of City Council’s legislative history. The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager and works closely with the City Attorney, the Mayor and members of City Council. Functions of the City Clerk include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Legislative and administrative duties
- Archives and records management
- Boards and commissions
Legislative AND ADMINISTRATIVE Duties
The City Clerk is responsible for:
- Preparing, recording and maintaining official actions and minutes of the City Council
- Preparing and publishing Meeting Calendars and Agendas of City Council meetings
- Attesting to City Council actions
- Providing administrative support to City Council
- Administering Oaths of Office or affirmations to elected and appointed city officials
- Serving as agent of service for actions involving litigation, petitions, and subpoenas
Birth Certificates and Death Certificates may be obtained from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
Marriage Licenses may be obtained from the Greenville County Probate Court.
Real Estate and Property Tax Records may be obtained from the Greenville County Register of Deeds Office.