- Office of Management & Budget
- Financial Publications
The City of Greenville maintains an integrated financial management process to incorporate long-term financial planning into its annual budgeting and reporting documents.
By implementing a process with a longer-term perspective, it allows the City to proactively address major opportunities and challenges, to avoid short-term fixes, and to project capacity for debt issuance and pay-as-you-go capital projects. Each year, the City prepares documents to implement its financial management process as described in its policies.
- Annual Financial Reports
- Annual Operating Budget
- Capital Improvement Program
- Key Financial Indicators
- Transparency in Government
Popular Annual Financial Report
The Popular Annual Financial Report (PAFR) provides citizens and other interested parties with a user-friendly overview of the City’s overall financial condition and trends.
View Most Recent PAFR (PDF)
View All Archived Reports (PDF)
Annual Comprehensive Financial Reports
The Annual Comprehensive Financial Report is a detailed presentation of the City's financial position and activities for the fiscal year and is organized in four main sections:
- The Introductory Section includes a financial overview and organization charts for City government.
- The Financial Section includes the independent auditor's report, management's discussion and analysis, audited basic financial statements and notes, and the underlying combining and individual fund financial statements and supporting schedules.
- The Statistical Section contains selected economic, financial trend, and demographic information on a multi-year basis.
- The Compliance section has independent auditor's reports on compliance and internal control.
The City of Greenville is pleased to announce the June 30, 2020 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officer's Association for the 33th year.
View Most Recent Annual Report (PDF) | View Archived Annual Reports
The annual budget is the vehicle through which the Greenville City Council authorizes Greenville City government to fund operations during a specific fiscal year for specific purposes. The budget establishes the economic resources that are required to support these activities. The budget is a fiscal, planning, and policy document which reflects the allocation of limited revenues among competing uses.
- FY2022-23 Adopted Annual Budget (digital)
FY2022-23 Adopted Annual Budget (PDF)
- FY2021-22 Adopted Annual Budget (digital)
FY2021-2022 Adopted Annual Budget (PDF)
- FY2021-2022 Budget Presentation
May 24, 2021 (PDF)
- FY2021-2022 Preliminary Recommended Budget (PDF)
- FY2021-2022 Budget Workshop 2 (PDF)
- FY2021-2022 Budget Workshop 1 (PDF)
- FY2021-2022 Budget Presentation
- FY2020-2021 Adopted Budget(PDF)
- FY 2019-20 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- View Prior Adopted Budgets
Capital Improvement Program
Note: The City no longer produces a separate CIP document. Please reference the Annual Operating Budget for the City's Capital Improvement Program.
The City's Capital Improvement Program (CIP) is a multi-year plan to forecast future public improvements and facilities in the City and to provide information concerning:
- Budget impacts and alternatives
- Facility and large equipment needs
- Funding sources
Key Financial Indicators
The Key Financial Indicators (KFI) provide a snapshot into the performance of the City's finances in a series of 23 indicators. It is not designed to be all-inclusive, but to provide a perspective on the major elements of the City's financial performance and if the City is performing as planned in its operating budget.
View Most Recent KFI Report (PDF) | View Archived KFI Reports
Transparency in Government
The Accounting Division posts a monthly check register in conjunction with the State Comptroller General's Transparency in Government Initiative. The check register lists all checks written above $100. Included on the report will be the:
- Account description
- Check amount
- Check date
- Department description
- Vendor name