Access & Safety
The Falls Park staff makes every effort to ensure your visit is a safe one. Please keep the following information in mind when planning your visit.
Visitors using wheelchairs will find access to Falls Park via a series or paved trails and ramps that continue throughout the park. An elevator also allows quick access to all levels of the park. Public restrooms are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair accessible trails are viewable on the park map.
Climbing is Prohibited
Rocks located in the Reedy River are slippery due to algae growth and water on the rocks. A fall on the rocks can lead to serious injury. SCDHEC has determined that the Reedy River is contaminated with high concentrations of harmful bacteria that can cause serious infections to humans. For these reasons, wading, swimming, and climbing on the rocks in Falls Park are prohibited.
Public Restroom Hours
The public restrooms and elevator in Falls Park are open 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. for your convenience.
In keeping with the natural landscape surrounding Falls Park several of the park's garden steps were constructed using natural stone. These natural stone steps are uneven and we ask that you use caution when walking up and down them. Concrete steps and ramped walkways are located throughout Falls Park on the Reedy for visitors who may feel more comfortable using concrete surfaces.
A city ordinance prohibits young people under the age of 18 from visiting Greenville's Central Business District, including Falls Park, after 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights, unless they are with a parent, legal guardian or custodial adult. The ordinance also applies to nights before a holiday, such as Labor Day.
Pets in the Park
For everyone's safety, please keep pets on a leash at all time. Pet owners are expected to clean up messes after their pet; bag stations are found throughout the park.
The City of Greenville curfew - stating children 18 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult after 10:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays - is enforced in Falls Park on the Reedy. All federal, South Carolina, and city laws are enforced in Falls Park on the Reedy.
Visitors are Welcome To:
- Use blankets to relax and picnic on the lawn areas
- Admire the gardens – without entering flowerbeds, picking flowers, or allowing pets to dig in soil
- Walk dogs on a leash, on paved areas only, provided you clean up after them
- Place trash in proper receptacles
- Snap souvenir photos of Falls Park memories
- Request information from Falls Park staff
Falls Park Rules Do Not Allow:
- Alcohol or drug use
- Organized sports on the lawn
- Walking pets on the lawn or through landscaped areas
- Harming birds, wildlife, park landscape or park property
- Public events, except by permit
- Amplified music, except by permit
- Performances, except by permit
- Commercial activity, advertising or photography, except by permit
- Obstructing park entrances and walkways
- Open fires
- Feeding the pigeons, geese, or ducks
- Rummaging in trash receptacles
Visitors violating Falls Park rules will be asked to leave. To report an emergency, call 911.