- Public Works
- Solid Waste
- Bulk Waste & Large Items
Bulk Waste & Large Items
The City of Greenville provides bulk waste collections for items that do not fit in your trash or recycle cart. Please call the Solid Waste Division at 864-467-4345 by 4PM the day before your normal collection day to schedule a bulk pickup. Place items at the curb by 7 a.m. in an unobstructed area that is away from parked cars, tree limbs, overhead wires, and mailboxes.
- Construction materials (wood pallets, lumber, brick, block, concrete, fencing, decking, shingles)
- Electronics (TVs, computers and computer items, phones, printers, scanners, gaming consoles)
SUPPLEMENTAL BULK WASTE SERVICE
September 12 to OCtober 9, 2022
Got Bulk? We Can Help!
To assist with an increased demand for bulk waste services, the City of Greenville will be providing bulk collection containers in convenient neighborhood locations beginning on Monday, September 12. Residents will be allowed to drop off bulk items daily from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., through Sunday, October 9.
This service is intended for city residents only, and will be monitored. Contractors also are prohibited. Residents are asked to use the container one person at a time and remain in their vehicle until they reach the front of the line.
All items must fit inside the container. Accepted items include: furniture, paint cans (filled with sand or litter to absorb liquid), dirt, rock, rubble, brick, block, concrete, wooden planks, boards, treated wood and yard waste (greater than six-feet long or six inches in diameter). The following items will not be accepted: household garbage, recyclables, hazardous building material, construction material and chemicals. City public works officials remind residents that regular curbside pickup of bulk waste will continue, but as always is limited to two items. Curbside yard waste collection also continues but is limited to items less than six-feet long or six inches in diameter.
Questions about collection services may be directed to Public Works at 864-467-4345.
For residents who have regular Monday pickup, containers will be in the following locations from Monday, September 12, to Sunday, September 18.
• Mulberry Street and Pete Hollis Boulevard
• West Greenville Community Center, 8 Rochester Street
• Juanita Butler Community Center, 2 Burns Street
• Pearl Avenue and Jones Street (near Greenville High Stadium)
• Grove Road and Hawthorne Lane
For residents who have regular Tuesday pickup, containers will be in the following locations from Monday, September 19, to Sunday, September 25.
• Bobby Pearse Community Center, 904 Townes Street
• Gallivan Street and North Main Street (across from address #13)
• Summit Drive and Reid Street (in front of #633)
• Holmes Park, 315 Twin Lake Road
• David Hellams Community Center, 111 Spartanburg Street
For residents who have regular Wednesday pickup, containers will be in the following locations from Monday, September 26 to Sunday, October 2.
• Nichol Street (at the Garden)
• Lowndes Hill Road (near Briarcliff Drive)
• Across from 107 Scarlet Street
• Gower Park, 9 Evelyn Avenue
• Parkins Mill Avenue and Maydell Avenue (church parking lot)
For residents who have regular Thursday pickup, containers will be in the following locations from Monday, October 3 to Sunday, October 9.
• Algonquin Trail (across from address #14)
• Isbell Lane (beside address #43 in parking lot)
• Country Club Drive (across from address #25)
• Old Augusta Street and Prosperity Avenue (Pleasant Valley Center)
• Rockwood Drive (across from address #288)