Street Performers

Street Performance Permit

Individuals wishing to perform for gratuities on City owned or operated sidewalks, plazas, parks and other public spaces are required to obtain a street performance permit  at least 24 hours prior to performing. Street Performers wishing to renew their permit must go through the complete application process again.

Street Performance includes: acting, dancing, imitating statues, juggling, magic tricks, playing music, reciting, singing, stilt walking and unicycling. Excluded performances are:

Man playing banjo on Main Street
  • Performances with flames or fireworks are excluded without written authorization from the City Fire Marshal.
  • Performances with knives, daggers, swords and similar sharp instruments are excluded without written authorization from the Greenville Police Department.
  • Performances with chalk drawings on sidewalks are excluded without written authorization from the City’s Public Works Department Director.
  • Performances with live animals are excluded.

Application and more information

Street performer applications for 2021-2022 are available HERE.  A paper copy of the 2021-2022 application is available HERE.   

Applications will only be accepted online or via mail. Once a permit is approved, each performer will be notified on how to pick up their permit. 

For more information, please review the Street Performance Ordinance or contact the Special Events Division at